GO CANUCKS GO!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

3-0 in the preseason! Excuse me while I wine.

Tonight I was all set to watch the game on canucks.com. I had my husband home to help watch our kids, , my cordless earphones clamped to my head, and a glass of French Merlot at my side . I was ready for my seasonal addiction to begin. But when I went to watch the game, there was no video feed, only audio which kept echoing in my ear-Tommy Larscheid and Shorty doing double takes. And then, when the video started up, it would freeze.. and then start again, the whole time out of sync with the schizophrenic audio. While I fooled around with my laptop, occasionally hearing the score updates, I failed to notice my 1 year old daughter creeping up to the fourth shelf of the bookcase, the location of my FULL glass of RED wine.- Where was my husband! Needless to say, after 30 minutes on my knees, spraying and blotting, I managed to save the carpet from a catastrophe. And as I sit here with my daughter, past out on my lap, hours after the game, I realize that it's only a game and that my family matters more. Anyways, the REAL season doesn't begin until OCTOBER 9, 2008! Maybe I'll get a babysitter that night.........hmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well you do have a free night of babysitting that expires 12/08...

Sports Blogs - Blog Top Sites